An Unexpected Delay

Thursday, June 23, 2011

It turns out that our home study cannot be finalized yet. Our adoption agency found something that our home study agency overlooked. Since I lived in Indiana for a short time, DCS in Indiana will have to run a background check on me. I was asked by our home study agency a couple of months ago if I received mail in IN while I stayed there and/or got a driver’s license from there. The answer to both of which were “no.” I was then told that they wouldn’t have to do a check on me there since I wasn’t really a resident. Well, it turns out that's not the case. It doesn’t matter if I had a driver’s license there or even how long I lived there, a background check is still required. The really aggravating part of it is that since I never had a driver’s license there, it is impossible for a background check to even find anything. So, they know they’re not going to find anything, but they have to go through the process anyway. If this delay takes too long, it could keep us from meeting our deadline of having our dossier to Children's Hope Inter. by Sept. 1 so that they can have it to China by Oct. 1.

I’m hoping that our home study agency will do everything in their power to get this done quickly. Our home study will have to be reapproved by IL DCFS after IN does their background check. We are still trusting in God to take care of the situation, though it is causing some anxiety. Please keep us in your prayers.

                                                                                                                                Lori                                                                                               

0 comments :