And the Wait Goes On and On and On

Sunday, March 2, 2014
We are still waiting for our home study to be submitted to the DCFS for approval. Our oldest daughter’s fingerprints are the hold up. We have been doing everything that we can to try to move this forward. When I did some looking into Accurate Biometrics on their website, I found that prints are typically processed within 24-48 hours. The prints were taken Nov. 12, over three months ago! On the website they gave a phone number for the IL Police Dept where you can call to check on the status of prints. I called and was told that the results were sent via email on Nov. 14. The officer then told me that it was a good thing that I called that day, because after 90 days they will not resubmit the results. It was day 89. The State Police resubmitted the results that day. This took place a couple of weeks ago.


Last Friday when I contacted one of our social workers again regarding this matter, I was told that it’s only been three weeks. Back in January I was asked to sign the application for Emily’s fingerprints.  This was the same application that had already been processed back in November. The application says right on it that people 17 years old or older do not require a parent’s signature. I told the social worker this, but I went ahead and signed it and sent it back to her. The request was then resubmitted. It’s only been three weeks since the signed application was batched to the DCFS on 2/6. I guess I just don’t understand how some of the process works, but something doesn't seem right here. I’m sure that I am driving my social workers nuts at this point, and annoying my social workers definitely is not my goal. My goal is to get our child home as soon as possible. Please pray that this paper issue will soon be resolved. I will try to hold on to the fact that God’s timing is perfect. 

                                                                         LORI

0 comments :