Eager to Get Started and Finished

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We received the packet from CHI.  We now have the China country guide that I’ve been waiting for! I’m hoping to get our dossier done in record time. Now that we’ve firmly committed to the adoption, I’m ready to have it done. I am starting to have the emotions of an expectant mom. Our child will not be able to get here soon enough.

We now have to choose a home study agency. CHI cannot do our home study because they are only licensed to do home studies in MO.  We will have to have an agency that is licensed in IL. It is common practice for an agency to only be licensed in one state, but it’s required that you have an agency that is licensed in the state where you are living.

I emailed Tina Qualls from CHI asking for any references for home study agencies in IL. She replied back today, and we decided on one of the agencies from her list, BCHFS in Mt. Vernon. 

I worked a little on papers for our dossier. I wrote a letter of non-employment for myself, which sounds silly, but it is required. There have been people that have gotten their dossiers clear to China before finding out this was missing.
                                                                     
                                          Lori

0 comments :