This is the Day...

Thursday, May 12, 2011

As soon as I woke up this morning a bible verse popped into my head. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it." (Psalms 118:24) Well, today was our first home study visit. I think God was telling me to have a good attitude and not to worry about today. 

Our social worker interviewed Brent and I together and then the whole family individually. Everything we discussed was already addressed in writing as part of the paperwork we had to do previously, so there weren't any surprises. All went well and she will return tomorrow for the home inspection, which has to be done in a second visit. We will definitely be rejoicing when our home study is approved; it is a major step in the adoption process. The average time for approval in Illinois is four weeks. Please be praying that all goes smoothly.
                                                            Lori

0 comments :